Who should I hire?
Benefits of Working with a Marketing Agency
Although you may perceive that you are saving money on an hourly basis relative to hiring an employee or doing it yourself, hiring a marketing agency, particularly one focused on inbound marketing tactics provides substantial value.
While there is no industry standard, the going rate in most markets for an experienced inbound agency starts in the $3,000 to $5,000 range in terms of monthly spend. While that may seem like a large number, in comparison to the opportunity cost of DIY, or the pure allocation of funds towards building internal staff, this is a relative bargain.
Among the many benefits of working with an experienced marketing firm are:
- Expertise with your market niche
- Savings due to the marketing firm can receive better rates
- Experience in executing marketing plans
- Money savings by hiring to your specific needs
- No employee training required
- Your marketing plan is executed immediately, the employee may need time to ramp up while the marketing firm is ready from the get-go
- Avoid HR nightmares
- No additional overhead
- Efficiency for short term and urgent projects
This new paradigm allows business owners to focus on running operations and increasing the bottom line, not messing around with Facebook, Twitter, TV/Radio schedules, or trying to build out a website.
The big question then isn't can I afford an experienced marketing agency, but rather how much am I costing myself in time, money and lost opportunity by trying to do this in-house.